A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

rebuilt rb20det

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: rebuilt rb20det   Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 am

SO i replaced the head on my rb20det the oil pump and got it all back together. and im running 20w50 oil and im at 30 oil pressure and it wont jump up when accelerating. i have the oil guage straight to the block. any clues why it wont jump up? and i got the same lifter tick i had before but it doesnt do it all the time??? and clues?
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 am

bad bearing clearances. is your oil pan dented?
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 am

you need to bleed the lifters, also try 10w30
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Wed May 02, 2012 9:19 am

lifters don't create oil pressure and thinner oil also lowers oil pressure.

have you verified that the oil pressure gauge is actually working?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 am

You mean replacing the oil pump that I said would not fix things didn't fix things? Weird.
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Wed May 02, 2012 9:33 pm

yup new oil pump didnt make difference gonna try a new guage theres no dents in the pan i checked all the rods and they r tight.. i talked to raw brokerage they said it could be a lifter but they dont know unless they heard it so idk anymore lol im losing my mind
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 am

sell it lol.

2jz NO SHIT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 am

it seems to be fine for now but now my new problem is while driving it randomly wants to stall?????
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 am

240sxguy wrote:
You mean replacing the oil pump that I said would not fix things didn't fix things? Weird.
LOL'd
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 am

downwiththeRB wrote:
it seems to be fine for now but now my new problem is while driving it randomly wants to stall?????

so all of that for a bad pressure gauge?
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sat May 05, 2012 7:15 am

You should sell this car and buy a Honda. Why are you still shitting up the tech threads when I asked you not to? IT'S ALL THE SAME CAR, KEEP IT IN ONE THREAD!

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 pm

first of all no honda cause everyone has one second sorry for make mutiple threads this is my first dam 240sx and i no nothing about the thing either the dam motor so if i have a dam question then i request a answer not some bullshit keep it under one thread. so u try n help or either do something else with ur spare time besides being a dick thanks have a good day.....
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sun May 06, 2012 8:18 pm

and for instance i did try a new guage and it did no difference so its not the guage.... but trying to do everything in one THREAD its the stall cut out whatever u wanna call it its like ur cruising at 40mph and ur steady on the gas then theres nothing like it stalls nothing in the pedal so i tap the gas and it comes back
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm

downwiththeRB wrote:
and for instance i did try a new guage and it did no difference so its not the guage.... but trying to do everything in one THREAD its the stall cut out whatever u wanna call it its like ur cruising at 40mph and ur steady on the gas then theres nothing like it stalls nothing in the pedal so i tap the gas and it comes back

Stall cut out? don't make up names for shit.

You don't like getting flamed? Don't ask dumb questions, use punctuation, capital letters, grammar and actually LISTEN.
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sun May 06, 2012 8:26 pm

and every answer i get NEVER IS RIGHT!!!!!!! people think of things in different ways so u think of it however u want im asking a simple question and need some advice.. Is that to hard??? is that better. tell me if u can better decribe it then. maybe i would think of it as a stall and u may think of it as something else so what u want from me i have a problem and im trying to fix it................
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sun May 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Really? never right? Like when I told you not to replace your oil pump?

Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Sun May 06, 2012 10:24 pm

i replaced cause when i torn it apart my exhaust cam on the first cam cap had scoring. the shop i tookthe head to he said lack of oil so i put a new oil pump in.....
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 11:53 am

downwiththeRB wrote:
first of all no honda cause everyone has one second sorry for make mutiple threads this is my first dam 240sx and i no nothing about the thing either the dam motor so if i have a dam question then i request a answer not some bullshit keep it under one thread. so u try n help or either do something else with ur spare time besides being a dick thanks have a good day.....

Then you answered your own question. You are in over your head, and should find something else to fill your time with.

Secondly, I along with others have tried to help you. You don't seem to listen, and without seeing the car in person, it could be anything. Take it to a shop and get someone who "nos" what they're doing to look at it.

As far as the thread list I see:

RB trouble
RB20det help asap
rb question
rb20 problem
rb20 question
stuck crank gear
rebuilt rb20det

These could all be in one thread due to the fact that it's all the same engine. It gets a little old after a while seeing this go on. 2cents

As far as being a dick, I might be... I don't know.

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 3:45 pm

jim being a dick????? no way!!!
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 4:23 pm

YOU NO KNOW HOWZ TO SPELL KNOW
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 pm

flame Burned. Sorry Bro thats how it gets done here.
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Well i guess i better ask some real people about car problems.Last time i check this is a webiste about 240sx. Well it seems more like kids in fucking school learing there abc`s.If someone has a question u help them not sit there and tell them how to spell shit.Everyones not perfect like U are.WHO ever is in car of this website so really look things over again or take a new hooby.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 10:18 pm

oh n by the way i never knew anything about having everything in one thread maybe u should clear that up.... i like how my rep when to -23 in 2 days awesome. DOESNT MEAN SHIT...
Back to top Go down
rbpowerd

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 10:30 pm

To get back to the topic at hand, I have an RB25 5w20 was the oil all the skyline threads were saying. If you really need help with the an RB i would highley suggest joining a skyline club they have a lot of knowledge and are a big resource that many people dont use because it says canada or australia in the name. Just saying that most of the people on here arnt going to be able to help with RBs cuz they arnt the most common things to swap for.
Back to top Go down
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 pm

besides the fact that you are fucking horrible at spelling. you should actually read some of the advice that has been given too you. most of the people who you are are now attacking have given you sound advice on how to fix your car. what it boils down to is that you are unable to give a full picture of what it is that is wrong with your motor. if you did it would have been fixed by now. A few of these people are actual mechanics that fix cars for a living and those are the ones that you have chosen to piss off for some reason. for most vehicle issues all it takes is a little common sense and a good grasp of what the problems are with the car. also just cause a portion of your head is not getting oil does not mean that your pump is in need of replacement. but like i said you have yet to give a good enough picture of what is wrong with your car. And since you have pissed off the people who can and would help you fix the problem if you had a clue. id say bend over and get ready for you to take a huge bill in the ass from some shop!!! but this is just my .02
enjoy it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   

Back to top Go down

rebuilt rb20det
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: