A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

rebuilt rb20det

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Mon May 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Josh pretty much just nailed it.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 am

rbpowerd wrote:
To get back to the topic at hand, I have an RB25 5w20 was the oil all the skyline threads were saying. If you really need help with the an RB i would highley suggest joining a skyline club they have a lot of knowledge and are a big resource that many people dont use because it says canada or australia in the name. Just saying that most of the people on here arnt going to be able to help with RBs cuz they arnt the most common things to swap for.

You are correct BUT the reality is the total lack of useful information will get you dick on the RB forums as well. This motor isn't newbie friendly. After the 1000th time you have heard "my car cuts out under boost" (for example) on the RB forums people just stop answering the question. There aren't very many knowledgeable members on the RB forums in the states. With the proliferation of prefab harnesses and mount kits the swap became more popular, but the people doing the swap know nothing about how to fix problems when they arise. Troubleshooting is what separates the men from the boys.

This is the last non asshole thing I am going to say to the OP;

You are in over your head, find someone local who can hands on help you. Your communication of the problems isn't nearly enough information to help with anything. You may have to pay for the help, but it's better than throwing parts at your car. RB parts aren't cheap and wasting money on them is dumb.
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Tue May 08, 2012 10:33 am

5w20 isn't helping your situation any. i would run 5w30 at minimum. i personally run 0w40 on everything i own.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 pm

id just like to say it was pointed out to keep it all in 1 thread atleast once.
thats all id like to say
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Wed May 09, 2012 8:08 pm

i was told that just in this post to keep it in one. ANd u know i did find the problem the mass airflow sensor was all gummed up with crud.So i cleaned it test ran it now it runs perfect.Oh n pj i still have that bumper. I actually have both of them still
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Thu May 10, 2012 12:50 am

Gunked up mafs causes apparent low oil pressure And knocking. Weird. I'll have to remember that for the future.
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 am

Its got nothing to do bout the tick or oil pressure I was talking about the driving issue.It wouldn't idle and it would randomly wanna stall while driving.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Thu May 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Then how is it running perfect?
Back to top Go down
downwiththeRB

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 pm

oh forget end of topic....
Back to top Go down
rbpowerd

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Thu May 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Quote :

You are correct BUT the reality is the total lack of useful information will get you dick on the RB forums as well. This motor isn't newbie friendly. After the 1000th time you have heard "my car cuts out under boost" (for example) on the RB forums people just stop answering the question. There aren't very many knowledgeable members on the RB forums in the states. With the proliferation of prefab harnesses and mount kits the swap became more popular, but the people doing the swap know nothing about how to fix problems when they arise. Troubleshooting is what separates the men from the boys.
Im not saying everything you read on a skyline forum is going to be correct, it just seems like hes asking a lot of question specific to the motor that unless you own or have owned an rb engine youll have a difficult time trying to figure what the hell is going on
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 pm

^ agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rebuilt rb20det   

Back to top Go down

rebuilt rb20det
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum