A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Diago's fd Asia car

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
theboy
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28
Location : South Beloit, IL

PostSubject: Diago's fd Asia car   Sun May 13, 2012 9:32 pm

This video alone makes me want to go 2j

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PP72sFE1vo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
lssilvia
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2011-07-23
Age : 36
Location : pleasent prarie

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Sun May 13, 2012 10:21 pm

sick!
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 32
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Sun May 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Gross display of HP, but that car looks ridiculous (as in bad). The flow of the vehicle is just not working, plus the wheel wells need even bigger rims for it to not look like a toy car. Just bleh.

Great driver, great drivetrain, TERRIBLE car. LOL.


theboy wrote:
This video alone makes me want to go 2j

Yeah, but thinking of dropping 12-16k+ to get there is more than enough to make me NOT want to do it. That's a down payment on either a house, MKIV Supra (with an even better platform, no swapping, sick resale, V160), or a Z06....all better than an S chassis with a 2JZ...just my opinion of course.

Neato engine swaps and gross display of HP is cool...till you have to pay for it. Or nice when you have it, sickening when you sell it, only getting 1/4 of what you have into it. I'll pass on that sour dish anytime.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 30
Location : Delavan

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am

That car and his SC430/Soarer are both pretty amazing.

I don't quite see the 12-16k number unless you are talking about a total car build. (car,Swap,Brakes,suspension,wheels,etc) Then yeah that numbers accurate.

And 16k you'll get either a beat to shit high mileage auto MKIV TT car, or a N/a Car. And you could get a 6spd c5 Corvette for 16k again with high mileage.

_____________________________
[center]Wisconsin 240sx.com|Axis Racing|
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
traphikcod4
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 1246
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 404
Location : oak creek, wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Mon May 14, 2012 12:10 pm

lol @2:30 with the Asian guy in boots lol
Back to top Go down
Riggle
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 32
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
And 16k you'll get either a beat to shit high mileage auto MKIV TT car, or a N/a Car. And you could get a 6spd c5 Corvette for 16k again with high mileage.

I was only saying 16k was a down payment on above cars, a good chunk of the total cost. Both the Z06 and MK4 hold their value so getting most of your money back would be realistic.

Flicktitty wrote:
I don't quite see the 12-16k number unless you are talking about a total car build. (car,Swap,Brakes,suspension,wheels,etc) Then yeah that numbers accurate.

I dont know man. I think if you added every single receipt it may be more shocking than you think. I feel its easy to shave off $ when considering a build theoretically. But when its done, tuned, and rolling like you want it. Then add them up, I feel that's the realistic number I am talking about. I was including price of the car BTW in the 12-16k figure.

I also am talking from a consumer perspective, so not building your own mounts ect or piecing together things cheaply. Also I am considering getting to a quasi respectable power level in that figure, so not just a stock swap. Going single gets expensive, fast. You of all people would know. Turbo, manifold, intercooler piping (at least revised), turbo cooling lines, exhaust, fuel management, BOV, injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, boost controller, external wastegate, thermal coatings/blankets, clutch for new found power, tires to keep the ass planted, rims for said tires (can skip if you are running a slick/mean 15") tuning/dyno time. I am also not figuring getting by cheap with Ebay parts.

I just feel like it adds up quick, what kind of figure were you thinking? Seems like alot of people on the 2jz swap forums report 12k final costs to just run around on stock twins (albeit maxed out).

Maybe I'm way off base, I am for sure not the expert, nor have I or am I building one.

I put any swap that isn't a homogenous 4 cyl swap into that range, whether it be RB25/26, 1J/2JZ, LSX, VH, VQ.

I will say that sure, you can swap it and drive it stock for less no doubt just to say you did it for (X) dollars, but realistically what are you looking at spending to getting to the level you are happy with.

Subjective question for sure, not a real 'fact' can be established, but my point was that costs get away from you quick.

Also not trying to contest anything said, just friendly discussion on the subject of awesomeness of the 2JZ and her associates. cheers
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 30
Location : Delavan

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

It does add up quick, I guess i was just assuming you were talking about a 2JZGTE SWAP and done, not a fuel system, turbo upgrade,etc.

A JDM 2JZGTE wiith intake/exhaust/downpipe should put down mid 300s pretty easy with a 5spd . Liz's auto GTE car with USDM cams/injectors/turbos (that were dying) made 330whp on 17psi through the auto. Which figuring in a 17% drivetrain loss puts that car in the 385-390whp area. which is a good amount of power, not to mention the high 300 ft lbs of torque it can/will make.

The 12-16k dollar estimates and values were true 3-4 years ago when there was little to no information/help on this swap. You can now buy mounts for $200 and a Driveshaft for $350 and there are online wiring diagrams on how to do the wiring yourself, or if you pay the $500 some places charge you are in the area of a $1000-$1100 swap kit + $2000 motor/trans. Where as 3-4 years ago Tech2 Charged $1300-$1400 for their mount kit. and $600-900 for their wiring service. so your at almost $2500 using their parts.

Also in today's age of people reading about people doing this swap they think they can do it, so they buy parts and realize they don't know what they are doing and parts go up for sale. I'm pretty confident that knowing what i know now with 2JZ swap stuff that it could be done somewhere in the $5000-6000 range. (Mostly stock with the exceptions of downpipe/exhaust/intake/intercooler. and the things that need/should be changed (waterpump,timing belt,serp belt).


I think if you got creative and found good deals online or knows someone who can get you discounts on parts (autozone/advance/napa/etc) and tried to tackle the wiring yourself it could be done very cheap.


_____________________________
[center]Wisconsin 240sx.com|Axis Racing|
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Riggle
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 32
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Mon May 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
It does add up quick, I guess i was just assuming you were talking about a 2JZGTE SWAP and done, not a fuel system, turbo upgrade,etc.

A JDM 2JZGTE wiith intake/exhaust/downpipe should put down mid 300s pretty easy with a 5spd . Liz's auto GTE car with USDM cams/injectors/turbos (that were dying) made 330whp on 17psi through the auto. Which figuring in a 17% drivetrain loss puts that car in the 385-390whp area. which is a good amount of power, not to mention the high 300 ft lbs of torque it can/will make.

The 12-16k dollar estimates and values were true 3-4 years ago when there was little to no information/help on this swap. You can now buy mounts for $200 and a Driveshaft for $350 and there are online wiring diagrams on how to do the wiring yourself, or if you pay the $500 some places charge you are in the area of a $1000-$1100 swap kit + $2000 motor/trans. Where as 3-4 years ago Tech2 Charged $1300-$1400 for their mount kit. and $600-900 for their wiring service. so your at almost $2500 using their parts.

Also in today's age of people reading about people doing this swap they think they can do it, so they buy parts and realize they don't know what they are doing and parts go up for sale. I'm pretty confident that knowing what i know now with 2JZ swap stuff that it could be done somewhere in the $5000-6000 range. (Mostly stock with the exceptions of downpipe/exhaust/intake/intercooler. and the things that need/should be changed (waterpump,timing belt,serp belt).


I think if you got creative and found good deals online or knows someone who can get you discounts on parts (autozone/advance/napa/etc) and tried to tackle the wiring yourself it could be done very cheap.


Well damn man, 5-6k is no joke. Thats just a few more $'s more than a well done SR swap.

Thanks for the info!

I give you this as payment. 7 min of ear sex.

Back to top Go down
s13.240sx
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 1113
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 104
Location : Menomonee Falls

PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   Mon May 14, 2012 4:32 pm

I would say it is a pretty safe estimate that any swap is going to touch the 5K mark if you want it done clean and reliably. And we all know that is on the cheap side and the cost will continue to increase from there. It is not about the cost though it is about the fun and enjoyment of building a car for yourself! After lots of thought personally I wish I had went with something a little bigger that an SR just to get more power out of it from the get go. Oh well, just need to waste more hardeaned money on it.

Also that exhaust note is so sick, especially that lumpy idle. Liz and Nick you need to get that car running and then throw some cams at it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Diago's fd Asia car   

Back to top Go down
 
Diago's fd Asia car
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Media section-
Jump to: