A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1siksc

PostSubject: Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.   Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Tech question when I bought my s14 it came with a key fob on the chain but it isn't doing much at all. So far from looking at the dash wires there was once a after market system installed, and I've put a new battery in the fob. Anyone know where to look or is it a lost cause and I should just invest in something after market?

Thanks for any help! - Chris
Back to top Go down
zerepdivad

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.   Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:27 am

What does the fob say on it? Such as Viper, Python, Audiovox, etc. Do you see a "brain" at all down under the dash? If so it'll say a brand on it and model number unless it's some cracked out chinese one off ebay bought for a fiver.

Back to top Go down
1siksc

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.   Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:57 am

it's the stock nissan fob, i didn't notice a brain at all just some just wires that were tapped into other wires then cut. I'll grab a photo later today.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.   Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 am

My factory nissan stuff was dead when I got the car. I put an aftermarket keyless in it and called it a day.
Back to top Go down
1siksc

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.   Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know!
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.   Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 am

Cool, good luck with the project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.   

Back to top Go down

Key Fob not working, signs of old aftermarket alarm.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: