A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kouki_chee

PostSubject: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:19 pm

i didnt know where to post this and this seems like the most proper place to post it so my question is does anyone know if the rocker panels from the hatch/coupe/verts are the same???? if so then i know a junkyard close to me that has 1or2 hatch i can cut them out from.... i need this part, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] has to many complex curves and groves to make from sheet metal and a hammer so im just gonna cut and weld a clean piece in....
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:37 pm

I would assume a coupe/Hatch would be the same.

but Nissan was gay with the verts. some of the rear plastics are different and the doors on the coupe and hatchs are different then the ones on a Vert. i would assume that piece is the same though [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and search around for this part and see if they use a differant part number between the 2.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:06 pm

you could meassur the seam weld there stright back to the the end. Then meassure from where the body line is the thick line where there is black tape and measure that stright down to the pinch weld. that should give you a good idea. for the inner door you could meassure from that seam to that thick line again. A good flexiable measuring tape would do it. atleast would give ya a idea.

Midget PRIDE!!
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:32 pm

thanks both of u and flickky i tried looking for the part but its not under rocker???? do u know whats it under
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Play around with these links, see what comes up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:45 pm

If the junk yard will sell them to you for cheap might as well give it a try. Also if you cut it out. I recomend cutting where the pinch weld is at basically taking about an inch of the floor board with it. Maybe even more if possible.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 pm

thanks both of u guys.... flick thanks alot bro.... i think i found it on the second link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????   

Back to top Go down

does anyone know if the rocker panels are different????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: