A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bringing this 240 back to life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hustler

PostSubject: Bringing this 240 back to life   Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 pm

I just picked this 1990 240 up over the weekend. This car has been through hell and I want to bring it back to life and do it bigger and better than when it came off the show room floor. The quarter panels are completely rusted and the rocker panels have rust holes. The under body from what I have seen so far does not look half bad. Could use a good cleaning and undercoating but will not know until I get the car up in the air. It is an automatic which is just wrong for these cars so of course I want to swap that out. There is a misfire in the 3rd cylinder. The front main seal is shot so oil leaked all over the garage floor. If anyone know any body shops that can fix the body problem please let me know or even better if anyone on here know how to do body work I could use the help. I would love to do every thing myself or at least be involved in it so I know that it gets done right. The motor I would love to build this motor up until I decide what I really want to drop into it. I would want to be pushing about 300hp with the ka24e possibly put a turbo on to achieve my goal. Any kind of advice or even better yet hands on help would be great. I want to do this car right and do it right the first time. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bringing this 240 back to life   Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Welcome. sounds like you have a lot of work to do. Do you have any pictures of the car?

one of my buddies from up around Oshkosh area has a little body shop thing that does alot of 240sx's i can get you his contact info if you would like. other then that, There is Vinny @ Destruction Warehouse that does awesome work, but he is down in the Racine area, i hate rust so props to you for trying to take care of it, i would have just started with a solid car in the 1st place.

as far as motor stuff goes you should be fine getting 300hp out of a KA as long as you do some proper research and make sure you have a good tune on the car. I'm not too up on my KA tech as i should be but there area few others on here that have dabbled in doing turbo KA's so they should be of some help.

Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Hustler

PostSubject: Re: Bringing this 240 back to life   Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Any help would be great at this point. I wanted to start with a solid body but I am low on cash at the moment and I am coming over from the dark side. I traded straight up for this car. I had a 92 civic hatch. I figure would I want a piece of $H!T civic or trade for a car with real potential. I picked potential! Don't get on me to much for the car being really dirty I just got it home 2 days ago and it is way to cold to wash it here and I still need to fix the front main seal before I drive it anywhere. I will post more pictures when I get time. I am still trying to do research to figure out what to do in what order. I really want to solve this rust problem before it gets uncontrollable. I will also get shots of the other side when I get her cleaned up. And don't ask about the star I don't get it either that is going to be gone soon.
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: Bringing this 240 back to life   Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Well it don't look too shabby. If you short on cash you could always start with getting the engine up and running smooth. Run a compression test on that motor. Autozone will lend the tester for free! Just gotta put a deposit. Check how the 3rd cyl compares to the rest. That's ok while the plug is out check for any excess oil. Then check dist cap and rotor good? If so your fuel inejctor. Front main seal is a cheap part mybe like $12. Cheap part but time consuming. Let us know when you get that far. Gooood luck!

Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bringing this 240 back to life   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:58 pm

good luck on the project! should be funnnn!

2jz NO SHIT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: Bringing this 240 back to life   Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm

dead and gone dead and gone... great song
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing this 240 back to life   

Back to top Go down

Bringing this 240 back to life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top