A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mattchow88

PostSubject: Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:32 pm

does anyone know where i can get my flywheel resurfaced around appleton Wi? and what is a fair price? also where do you get shims for it, and what exactly is being shimmed out, i work at a powersports dealer so i have access to alot of differant drive line shims. what are the average dimensions of the shims?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/mattchow88
ohhhizzzy

PostSubject: Re: Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:40 pm

i know napa does flywheel resurface an they charge like 60 or 80 bucks something like that as for the shims im not really sure
Back to top Go down
mattchow88

PostSubject: Re: Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:12 pm

well i found a shop less than 5 miles away from where ill be workin on my car that will do it same day for $35 so i just need to figure out the shim situation
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Don't think you will need shims if they are doing a light resurfacing. I never used any on my motor. But if you must. That all depends on how much matreail is being removed. If your using shims for the FW then i think IMO thats unsafe
Back to top Go down
mattchow88

PostSubject: Re: Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

ive never done it, in my research ive just read that people do it. I will talk to some more knowledgable people before i do it for sure
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Oh all righty. Also there should be no problem if ther are doing a light skim on it. But if ther are removing .45 of metal I wouldn't even bother using a shims as it can also mess up the teeh around the flywheel from the starter or the opposite. If need to shim get the shim to the closes lower number don't go over. Example. If .25 was removed use a shim thickness under that don't go over. ......... But you shouldn't have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?   

Back to top Go down

Flywheel resurfacing Appleton, Fox valley?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: