A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
91coupe
Be nice, I'm new


Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Ok here is the run down.

1993 KA24DET external wastegate making only 5psi!
Its running a Z32 MAF and 550cc injectors. I am using a APEXI SAFC2 to tune the motor and have some problems!
The car idles perfect and when i rev the motor up fast its fine! However, when i rev it up really slow it seems like a sputtering or missing!
I just changed the plugs thinking that could be the problem, but i think its getting to much fuel?
Running stock FPR, and stock fuel pump!

These are the setting i am using:

Lo map is -50% across the board

High map is -50% from 1000-2200rpm's, -45% at 2800rpm's and -35% 3400-7000rpm's

NE points are 1000,1600,2200,2800,3400,4000,4600,5200,5800,6400, 7000, and 7600rpms

Dec settings are 1.1,1.4, and 2.0

Throttle point is 10% and 33%

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Kyle
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 30
Location : Delavan

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:51 pm

simple stuff,

plugs/wires/cap/rotor all decent? your timing alright? does it smell or smoke enough to look rich? do you have a wideband do see what the AFR's are at?
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Riggle
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 32
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Plug gap is rather important too, after you check all of the above.

What color were the plugs? Tan? Black? White? That will tell you what exactly is going on inside the motor during combustion and help you lean one way or another on a rich/lean condition.
Back to top Go down
91coupe
Be nice, I'm new


Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
simple stuff,

plugs/wires/cap/rotor all decent? your timing alright? does it smell or smoke enough to look rich? do you have a wideband do see what the AFR's are at?

Has new plugs, new rotor and cap! Car is running rich however its just a cheap Prosport gauge!
Thats were i assume its too much fuel! I found some different settings for the SAFC im going to try but don't know if that will fix it!

These are settings i found online that might work! I plan to try tomorrow:

stock ecu/550cc injectors/walbro/z32maf/stock FPR

ETC Menu:
Sensor type: Hot-wire: 1in 6out: 2in ADDout
Car Select: 4 cyl thr -> (arrow pointing up)
Initialize (this is the menu you use to reset the safc)

Setting Menu:
Low Throttle:
1k -50%
2-8k -40%

Hi throttle
1-3k 0%
4k -24%
5k -30%
6-8k -31%


THR Point:
20% low 40% high

Dec. Air:
Thr 2.0%
Ne1 .7%
Ne2 2.0%

But when it revs up slow it starts sputtering hard from 2-4.5 with the current tune! If it does the same with these settings should i change injectors to like 370's?


Back to top Go down
91coupe
Be nice, I'm new


Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Riggle wrote:
Plug gap is rather important too, after you check all of the above.

What color were the plugs? Tan? Black? White? That will tell you what exactly is going on inside the motor during combustion and help you lean one way or another on a rich/lean condition.

Plugs were BLACK!
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 34
Location : Grafton/Shorewood

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Had the same problem before on an MK3. Turned out to be a boost leak. MAFS was reading all that air, injectors spittin extra fuel for it. All the boost leaking out caused it to run rich. Also would explain the 5psi problem you're getting? and black plugs. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 30
Location : Delavan

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:46 pm

good thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
91coupe
Be nice, I'm new


Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:11 pm

X1nom3D wrote:
Had the same problem before on an MK3. Turned out to be a boost leak. MAFS was reading all that air, injectors spittin extra fuel for it. All the boost leaking out caused it to run rich. Also would explain the 5psi problem you're getting? and black plugs. Good luck.

What would you suggest doing? Boost leak test? Check all the lines? Could it be a bad wastegate?
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 34
Location : Grafton/Shorewood

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 am

I'm not sure how to perform a boost leak test in this case, but if you can. Go for it. If the test shows you're leaking, then checking the lines and fittings would be a good way to start looking.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 30
Location : Delavan

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:54 am

91coupe wrote:
X1nom3D wrote:
Had the same problem before on an MK3. Turned out to be a boost leak. MAFS was reading all that air, injectors spittin extra fuel for it. All the boost leaking out caused it to run rich. Also would explain the 5psi problem you're getting? and black plugs. Good luck.

What would you suggest doing? Boost leak test? Check all the lines? Could it be a bad wastegate?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

used that method in the past, works good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
91coupe
Be nice, I'm new


Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
91coupe wrote:
X1nom3D wrote:
Had the same problem before on an MK3. Turned out to be a boost leak. MAFS was reading all that air, injectors spittin extra fuel for it. All the boost leaking out caused it to run rich. Also would explain the 5psi problem you're getting? and black plugs. Good luck.

What would you suggest doing? Boost leak test? Check all the lines? Could it be a bad wastegate?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

used that method in the past, works good.

So ran a boost test and found some very small leaks, fixed and didn't solve the problem so i changed out the rail and the car ran even worse. Put another set of 550's in and ran a little better but revs from 1-2 when idling!
So my theory is i have bad injectors, and a bad second fuel rail?
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions
Senior member


Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm sure you have heard this many times before........but don't use that AFC for tunnin but only for tweaking. Get a rom tune. Plug that SOB right in and youll have a more reliable and better running engine plus timing (important) will be adgujest right compared to doing a clock job. Do you have a wide band? You seem to have some things right your not far from getting that motor running right and reliable. Just wanted to add my cheese.
Back to top Go down
91coupe
Be nice, I'm new


Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm

pancho y onions wrote:
I'm sure you have heard this many times before........but don't use that AFC for tunnin but only for tweaking. Get a rom tune. Plug that SOB right in and youll have a more reliable and better running engine plus timing (important) will be adgujest right compared to doing a clock job. Do you have a wide band? You seem to have some things right your not far from getting that motor running right and reliable. Just wanted to add my cheese.

I think I have it figured out just need to get some new spark plug wires.
BTW whats a rom tune?
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D
Senior member
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 34
Location : Grafton/Shorewood

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 pm

So your boost is still at only 5psi?
Back to top Go down
Jeff G
Junior member


Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Kenosha

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 pm

91coupe wrote:

BTW whats a rom tune?

ROM is Read Only Memory.
It's what your ECU references for it's baseline readings.
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions
Senior member


Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 am

So did you get this bad boy moving ?
Back to top Go down
91coupe
Be nice, I'm new


Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 pm

pancho y onions wrote:
So did you get this bad boy moving ?

Car needed new rotor and cap, new plugs, new wires, and fuel filter!

Anyone in the Milwaukee area do cheap tuning?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
NEED HELP ASAP!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: