A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
s13.240sx

PostSubject: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I was researching what type of rear strut bar would give the most improvement to the handling characteristics of the S13 chasis. While I was shopping I found this setup made by Cusco. It Seemed like a great idea, but I was not able to find any install pics or reviews of the product anywhere. So I went on a whim and decided to buy it. I just installed it and took some pics. I will give you a review of the difference in handling over the next few days.

In the pic on the right I just wanted to point out that the Triangle bar kit that is sold seperately will fit over a bracket that is about 1 7/8" wide and the hardware I believe are M10 bolts which it comes with to accomodate the extra width. It also includes (4) 1/2" round spacers if you have a 1 1/8" wide bracket and bar. I figured that I would post this info incase you had a different type of main bar and you wanted to try and fit the two together.

Also if you look closely in the yellow area, I will need to move with my car to Japan. According to this disclaimer, You can only use this in Japan. And it must not be used in any other country. So Sianara.

Last edited by s13.240sx on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:43 pm

looks like a pretty solid rear bar. looks good.

Back to top Go down
http://www.axis-racing.com
Lizmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 pm

berry nice!!!!!

2jz NO SHIT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:02 am

I was looking at ones like that...
let me know how it is...
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:54 pm

So after being able to drive the car with this setup I feel it made a major difference in handling. It seems like the car responds faster in corners, I believe they call it taking a set in racing(correct me if I am wrong). And my car is a hatch so it has that noise woobly feel when you you pull into pitched driveways on an angle. And now it doesn't seem to do that much at all. I do not have coilovers or any struts or springs upgrade. I do feel that after installing this that the tires I have on the stock rims are the weakest part of the suspension now. I definetely feel it was worth the money to me. I would suggest getting dimensions for the width of a less expensive rear strut bar and combining it with the Cusco OS-T kit. I am sure it will be the same results for less $$$$, which is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Lizmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 am

well thats good that you can tell a difference and you like it!! i noticed my car ws stiiff as a rock once i swapped all my suspension pieces and put the front/rear strut bar on

2jz NO SHIT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/lizmo23
theboy

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:56 pm

do you only have a rear strut bar on the car?
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 pm

No, I also have a front as well. And soon a Nismo Power Brace. Then my car will be set for the type of driving that I do. Which is just cruising around with a little bit of spirited driving down some curvy backroads near my home.
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:33 pm

very nice, cause i was confused at first why you only ran the rear. The years ive been running my heap at the track ive ran a front only due to i like a little flex in the rear(if you know what i mean, gigidy). But never really found that the rear tower brace stiffened up the car that much. But it could also be the subframe risers or the cheap bar i have. Either way, its pretty cool to see someone actually using the bottom "v". Are there factory bolts there you used to anchor it? I have ever looked to see if there was and i thought i had removed every bolt on my car.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm

No, this kit requires you to remove a small area of sound deading material. Than you need to drill hole to fit the bolts for the bracket which sandwiches between the bottom of the car and the inside of the trunk. I still am running the original shocks in the rear(215,000mi.) and even with those I felt a huge difference in the responsiveness of the rearend while cornering. I will be installing my coilovers very soon, once that is done I am excited to see how this car will handle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)   

Back to top Go down

S13 Cusco Rear Strut Bar with OS-T(triangle bar)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Builds and Projects-
Jump to: