A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Concealed carry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you agree with concealed carry in Wisconsin?
Yes
75%
 75% [ 12 ]
No
25%
 25% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Concealed carry   Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 am

As some of you know ( I hope), Wisconsin has passed concealed carry into law which goes in effect November 1st.
I was just wondering who here agrees with it and who disagrees seeing as in 1998, 74% of Wisconsin residents voted in favor of carrying a weapon for personal protection... and 48 other states have had some sort of CCW law, leaving Illinois and Wisconsin as the only two states whose citizens couldn't.

You can stay anonymous if you want, but opinions are welcome... just don't start a bitchfest.

I for one am for it.

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:27 am

Sometimes for my job I wouldn't mind it as a form of Personal Protection Equipment(PPE). Although I don't think that I would conceal it I would want certain people to know I have it so that they have no desire to F*ck with me while I am working.

+1
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:59 am

You could have just voted in the poll at the top... that's why I put it there. Very Happy

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:44 pm

If I can carry my fists, weaklings should be able to to carry guns also. I only think its fair.

But seriously, I voted yes.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

well in my honest opinion its a double edge knife , in a way for some i agree carry and or conceal but i also feel that it opens the door for trouble, in this time and age we have allot of loose screw wanders and i feel it would hurt the officers on duty as well , some believe its good because of self preservation but what happens to the 10% psychos, lose tempers,drunks,assholes,and low life's under the radar that haven't had a chance to be stupid? kids, women, men....just innocent honest quit people that don't want to be a part of it.

its like drifting , racing, or any other sport. its fun but no one wants to be around when it goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:19 am

^^ That mentality is from the news media. They only tell you about the bad instances of gun use instead of the homeowner protecting their family or the person thwarting a robbery/rape/beating etc. What some don't realize is that people with a mental illness or felony will not be able to apply for a permit. The only people not carrying now are LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. The states with CC have seen a decrease in crime rates, this is fact.

I understand people not feeling comfortable with carrying, but wouldn't you want someone who IS comfortable and legally permitted to carry to be able to protect you or your family?

My favorite adage is "When seconds count, the police are only a minute away."

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
flyin_blue_egg

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:06 am

Like 600sx said...criminals will still break the law (even if they apply for and get a permit). You can't just carry everywhere. Can't carry where alcohol is sold (bars etc), federal buildings, schools, and anywhere that a posted sign says you can't, also in order to get a permit you have to have some sort of previous training, be it hunters safety or coming from a military/police background. On top of that criminals won't be able to get a permit but will still carry.

I prob. won't carry, but some of that is due to the area that I live and where I work. If I was to move to a high crime area, you bet your ass I'd apply for a permit.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm

s13.240sx wrote:
Sometimes for my job I wouldn't mind it as a form of Personal Protection Equipment(PPE). Although I don't think that I would conceal it I would want certain people to know I have it so that they have no desire to F*ck with me while I am working.

+1

Exposed carry is and was legal.

I agree it should be okay for people to concealed carry. My concerns lie with the proper training of these people. A hunters safety course does NOT give you enough mental preperation for a situation where you may need to shoot someone. My uncle concealed carries in TX and the amount of training and testing required were very high. I would much rather be with him when the shit hits the fan than with a guy who got a permit based on his ability to not shoot himself or others accidentally while hunting.

That is my only real concern though. Otherwise I am shocked it's happening and I think it's a good thing. I don't plan on carrying.
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Personally i am undecided on this.

I don't really see a NEED to have a gun on you.... cause while it is LEGAL to carry it is still not legal to SHOOT someone.

600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Flicktitty wrote:
.... cause while it is LEGAL to carry it is still not legal to SHOOT someone.

Not necessarily true, but I understand your point. There's a lot of red tape.

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:04 pm

600SX wrote:
Flicktitty wrote:
.... cause while it is LEGAL to carry it is still not legal to SHOOT someone.

Not necessarily true, but I understand your point. There's a lot of red tape.

Honestly, there should be. I think the last thing anyone wants to do that is concealed carrying legally is to shoot someone!
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 pm

^^ +1

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:15 pm

well only reason i bring up the mentality issue is cuz ill shoot to blow brains to the wind , i have no problem puting one in an asshole trying to test me. that being said i belive im not alone when i say im a danger to peoples health with a gun. but im worst without it ............and i belive that as was stated why carry a gun if u dont plan on using it?? carry a knife , or 3 like i do !.easy,clean,fast. its easyer to throw a knife then to pull a gun , aim ,and hope u hit!.
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:46 pm

For some people shooting a gun can be second nature, never need to aim at all.

But its supposed to be meant for protection. Not to prove someone wrong. If you can walk away from a fight with clean hands, you "should." Its all will power. I understand that some people can't control themselves once that adrenaline hits, and it gets reaallly ugly.

Someone breaking into your home is a different story, you KNOW his intentions are not good and sometimes, that's all you need to know in order to protect yourself. Especially if you got wife and kids, give it all you've got man. It takes a split second for a gun to be fired in your direction, you've got no time to analyze a situation the way trained professionals are supposed to. Even those guys make mistakes and end up shooting unarmed people as well. If I'm ever in that situation, I'd probably end up shooting an intruder also.
Back to top Go down
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 pm

guns are fun, but knifes are better lol but yes for self protection i agree its a plus.
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:32 pm

In 2010 73% of all gun based crimes, whether it be home invasion, car jacking, gang violence, ect. The weapon that the offender used, was under the ownership of the victim. So basically 3 out of every 4 people that bought a gun "for protection" eneded up having their gun used on themselves. A gun is only effective if the owner is confident in their abilities, and has no problem taking a life. I did gun safety classes with my best friend after his mom was shot(she survived) for her purse (in Rockford, IL). Laws like these are double edged sword because to get a gun you have to have a safety/defense class where they teach everyone how to disable perpetrader. They also teach you how to act quicker than the gun man within range to remove the gun from them. And you dont have to apply for a gun to take the class, anyone can. Just another thing to add fuel to the fire.
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:43 pm

theboy wrote:
A gun is only effective if the owner is confident in their abilities, and has no problem taking a life.

+1
Back to top Go down
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 pm

guns don't kill people! but the stupid person holding it does! i am for it if there is a required training to smarten people up about how a gun works.
Back to top Go down
traphikcod4

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:49 pm

i agree with dustin... bc i work on the northside alot..
do i feel threatin no, bc i am helping them out so i dont feel like i will have problems...
but say i got into a gas station there are number of times people run there mouth bc im white in the ghetto...

being in the army and shit i am for it.

and what the boy said....
you guys can believe me or not, if i feel slighty threaten, i wont shot to kill...
but if i DO feel threaten, best believe your gonna catch a controlled pair with no fuckin warning

but this also mean more people who think they need it "for protection" bc they are prob doing something wrong that they should be so they feel the need for it. it might cause some trouble

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concealed carry   

Back to top Go down

Concealed carry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: General Chat-
Jump to: