A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

question????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kouki_chee

PostSubject: question????   Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Long story short, someone sold my car without my permission... Someone sold my car to the junkyard without the title... I still have it and i didnt sign it over... What can i do.... Cars only worth $700
Back to top Go down
Troutman
Be nice, I'm new

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:56 am

the person who sold it could be charged with grand larceny (value over $500) and the junk yard could be charged with receiving stolen property. Unless it is a complete junk car (i.e. would never see the road again, used as scrap) a junkyard would require the title i think. I do believe a bill of sale could be used if the car is complete scrap.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:24 am

You do need a title to properly scrap a car in WI. Call the police department asap.
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:14 pm

The car is a rustfree 5spd maxima... The wheel bearing broke i think because some metal balls came out from under the driver side wheel... Also the back brakes locked up.... I would say it was worth atlease $1000 if those 2 problem wasnt there...
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:38 pm

question, where was the car? I know if a car is left on someones property for 60? or 90? days and the person makes a public notice that he wants it off his property he can get legal rights to the car.

kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Nope... He was suppose to do some work on my car for a trade but didnt want to do it the right way... I told him i would hold onto the title until it was finished... He got the car to his place and when i went to check out my car, it looked like a noob just slapped bondo all over my car... He was suppose to cut and weld my qp but he just stuck cardboard behind it and thought i would never check it out... Sprayed can paint instead of what we agreed on aka auto primer... The car looked better when it arrived when it left... I took my car home pissed off and when i found the cardboard i called back and asked what happen to my maxima... He told me he junked it and that he already did what i asked... When i reviewed what i told him to be done "by now hes looking stupid and knows im right" he said his buddy did all the work... I talked to both of them and told them that they could get in big trouble for selling my car without my approval as i didnt sign the title over... He haf the car for 5 days max
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Did you contact the police department yet? If not, whats the hold up? Longer you wait, more trouble it'll be.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Hahaha, You need to learn life skills. All of this shit happening to you IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.

You need a signed title to LEGALLY sell any vehicle (unless you can produce a death certificate). Better follow up quick...

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:00 pm

^+1

Touche
Back to top Go down
kouki_chee

PostSubject: Re: question????   Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content