A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

my quest for 800 whp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jrp355

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:40 pm

also if you have a powerful car (400hp) and you have garbage ass tires and skinny wheels. anyone will be a danger to society.....
Back to top Go down
jrp355

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:42 pm

again thanks to those that are trying to be helpfuly
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:47 pm

well that fact about the camaro just makes things worse. since those cars have rear suspension that actually works (doesn't have a TON of anti-squat) s13 are notoriously squirrelly cars even in stock form. let alone with 400hp. I've had my car snap sideways at 90+mph on the hwy switching from 3rd to 4th gear. it was quite the experience. i recommend you drive a relatively stock s13 with suspension mods before you go on this "quest for 800hp"
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 am

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
well that fact about the camaro just makes things worse. since those cars have rear suspension that actually works (doesn't have a TON of anti-squat) s13 are notoriously squirrelly cars even in stock form. let alone with 400hp. I've had my car snap sideways at 90+mph on the hwy switching from 3rd to 4th gear. it was quite the experience. i recommend you drive a relatively stock s13 with suspension mods before you go on this "quest for 800hp"

i concur,it's quick for a IRS'd 240sx to get twitchy on ya.

zerepdivad

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:22 am

Just slap a wing on it and call it a day. Maybe a few colorful zipties and you're golden. You're thinking too much into this.
Back to top Go down
jrp355

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:01 am

ew. i am no fan of wings or body kits. the only kit im thinking about is the silvia front end. picking up my 240 on thur. silvia front end. and hopefully ordering a 2jz soon
Back to top Go down
jrp355

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 am

and as far as anti squat....thats why you need relatively stiff suspension. all cars are gonna "squat" if they have cheap suspension. and if your car gets that rediculous switching from 3rd to 4th....wider more aggressive tires. and stiffer sway bars?
Back to top Go down
jrp355

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:06 am

and i drove my buddys 5.0 mustang on bald ass tires. i know how to control a car when the tires are just barely contacting but still spinning. thats when you learn how to feather the gas pedal.....not be a noob and hammer the pedal down and end up in the ditch
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 am

jrp355 wrote:
and i drove my buddys 5.0 mustang on bald ass tires. i know how to control a car when the tires are just barely contacting but still spinning. thats when you learn how to feather the gas pedal.....not be a noob and hammer the pedal down and end up in the ditch

I guess only time will tell...

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:32 am

jrp355 wrote:
and as far as anti squat....thats why you need relatively stiff suspension. all cars are gonna "squat" if they have cheap suspension. and if your car gets that rediculous switching from 3rd to 4th....wider more aggressive tires. and stiffer sway bars?

dude that right there proves that you have no idea what is going on.

at the time i had 245/40/17 tires.

flick why don't we have an ENORMOUS face palm emo-con thing Question

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:12 am

93sapphirecoupe wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 am

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
jrp355 wrote:

facepalm

thefreack

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:12 pm

ok since this has gone a little off topic i feel i should bring some more info into this thread for you. 800hp is a goal that probably can be reached with an sr but it will coast you a fortune. there are a lot of other things besides just the motor you have to think about when pushing more than 500hp, there is the whole drive train. motor, trans, driveshaft, diff, axels, wheel bearings, wheels, brakes and the list goes on. you also have to take into consideration for example if you look at most dragsters that are pushing 800+ for the pro drag are using all kinds of power adders and the fact that most of those cars have there motors rebuilt either after every event or on a frequent basis. 800hp might sound like a lot of fun but unless all you are doin with the car is drag race it is kind of pointless. dont expect to take a turn using that much power, if you use it on the street you will not utilize the full power of that motor unless you are on the highway. but there is just some more info for you to think about.
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:24 pm

thefreack wrote:
ok since this has gone a little off topic i feel i should bring some more info into this thread for you. 800hp is a goal that probably can be reached with an sr but it will coast you a fortune. there are a lot of other things besides just the motor you have to think about when pushing more than 500hp, there is the whole drive train. motor, trans, driveshaft, diff, axels, wheel bearings, wheels, brakes and the list goes on. you also have to take into consideration for example if you look at most dragsters that are pushing 800+ for the pro drag are using all kinds of power adders and the fact that most of those cars have there motors rebuilt either after every event or on a frequent basis. 800hp might sound like a lot of fun but unless all you are doin with the car is drag race it is kind of pointless. dont expect to take a turn using that much power, if you use it on the street you will not utilize the full power of that motor unless you are on the highway. but there is just some more info for you to think about.

Just to add to this, dont forget about all the prep and fab work youll be doing to the chassis to keep it from buckling under throttle. S-chassis' are uni-body seam sealed pinched welded piles of garbage. Have fun with a stitch welding and re-enforcing everything from the rails, to shock towers to the subframe mounts just to handle your 800hp.

But im still a firm believer that youll wreck the car and a family because you wont be ready for anything over 300hp. Get your feet wet before you go 100% dumb.
Back to top Go down
flyin_blue_egg

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Maybe another person telling you will help you realize the right path.

Flick has been into supras for YEARS and has amassed A LOT of knowledge on not only the supra itself but the motor. He's also known 3 ppl that I can think of that had cars with well over 800 rwhp. These cars were wicked fast and weighed much more then a 240 even at stock weight. Due to this there's really no reason to shot for 800+ rwhp in a 240 and still expect it to be streetable.

On top of that he (along with a few others on this site, including myself) has put a 2j into a 240 not once but TWICE! He's done a lot of research on the best parts/companies to go through to do the swap. Mind you it's not "cheap" but it's not as hard as you may think. We did run into bumps/roadblocks along the way, but with how much this swap is getting big it's nothing you can find on the web.

So what I'm trying to say if you're thinking of doing this swap talking to flick and/or lizmo should be step 1. Flick will point you in the right direction as to getting an engine for a decent price and where to get the swap kits etc.
Back to top Go down
pancho y onions

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 pm

jrp355 wrote:

.........what just heppen here!!??^^ But im glad your going to be using a more suitable motor for your power goal. But will still be pushing it, even with the 2j motor.
Back to top Go down
jrp355

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Ok I know I need to reinforce the structure. And for many of you that don't care to read the whole thread I'm doing the 2jz swap and have already been pointed in the right direction. I'm just worrying about getting all the supplies I need to get the motor in and bolt ons I need. I know what I need for a goal of 800whp but didn't know if I needed St sleeve the motor but that idea is out of the window.
Back to top Go down
jrp355

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 pm

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
jrp355 wrote:

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Even the most powerful cars with drag suspension squat. Sure you have wide tires but do they have any meat on them and white rubber compound is it? If its a all season tires no shit you wont catch traction. You need a softer more tacky compound ( drag radial or slicks)
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 am

jrp355 wrote:
93sapphirecoupe wrote:
jrp355 wrote:

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Even the most powerful cars with drag suspension squat. Sure you have wide tires but do they have any meat on them and white rubber compound is it? If its a all season tires no shit you wont catch traction. You need a softer more tacky compound ( drag radial or slicks)

You obviously still dont have a clue on what your talking about. Drag cars squat because they are setup to squat. Its all part of transfering all the weight to the back tires to get as much traction as possible. You dont go with a stiff suspension and radial or even slicks because youd lose traction. Nobody in their right mind is going to setup a drag car to not squat, unless theres no rear suspension(dragsters). You really should research everything you want to know about before you make a post asking these dumb ass questions. Your wrong, were rite now start taking notes and open your mouth when you have a question worth answering. Everytime you post you make yourself look worse.
Back to top Go down
VNG704

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:11 am

Did I missed the post where you stated you were rich? You can reinforce everything and something will still break. Stickiest, widest tires and axles will snap. Race cars/teams can do it because they have the financial back up. Assuming you're wanting 800hp for racing, otherwise DD'ing an 800hp 240sx is silly. Sorry man, but that's reality. That said, don't let anyone take your dreams. Do it right and be safe.
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 pm

I predict a 240 with some sort of not running half-ass swap up for sale in the future!
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 pm

theboy wrote:

You obviously still dont have a clue on what your talking about. Drag cars squat because they are setup to squat. Its all part of transfering all the weight to the back tires to get as much traction as possible. You dont go with a stiff suspension and radial or even slicks because youd lose traction. Nobody in their right mind is going to setup a drag car to not squat, unless theres no rear suspension(dragsters). You really should research everything you want to know about before you make a post asking these dumb ass questions. Your wrong, were rite now start taking notes and open your mouth when you have a question worth answering. Everytime you post you make yourself look worse.

:like
Back to top Go down
zerepdivad

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:09 pm

why do u guys try again? kid think hes chip foose . let em be hes another drftx "i know more then u and i have cash to blow out my ass cuz RACE" look kid if u know what ur doing what the hell u asking them for! go blow ur wad on ur fantasy 800rwhp sr20 motor in ur mint no rust s13 and pay ur 15,000 to weld ,point and tuck it, and then pray to god u find a place to buy the fuel, oh by the way u cant drive a 800hpo car on the road with race gas LEGALy that is oh and i hope ur not planing on meets cuz u only get 2 or 3 passes at the 1320 so u get ass for highway miles. so lets add it all up shall we

150,000 motor build
15-20,000 for body and reienforcment , custome bars etc.....
10,000 in wheels ,tires,brakes,lines,booster, and fuel cell with cut off and saftey prcautions.
10,000 for ur fits and bling factor , as well as top of the line oils and fluids!
and then theres fuel 500.00 for a drum of race fuel and thats the cheap shit.

wow just buy an SV diablo and twin turbo it and be done buddy!
Back to top Go down
lssilvia

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:35 pm

bottom line is even tanaguchi who can build an sr20det to the bone!!!! never does , he drifts , he auto X he road races and even high way runs and mountain pass anyone with half a brain stays at 500 and under. it easy , controllable, and relatively cheaper to maintain . or u plan on buying 2 of everything so u can have a spare like real indy,drift,drag pro's do it.

just build to have fun not to try and be better then the other guy , or u will learn really fast ur going to be hated and hated on, but not for ur choice but rather ur lack of maturity.

just saying kid , dont kill ur self to put up a front man , aint worth it , come correct and stay humble and ull see we will all be more then glad to help u make it to ur goal.

flicks (FLICKTITTY) a beast on 2j's hands down!
dave(NISMODAVE) can walk u thru an sr2o with his eyes closed
LS... dude jim (600SX) will school u on that and anything beast with the ls layout
traphikcod4 GOT U COVERED WITH ANYTHING ca/ka/sr

look just be humble man , im telling u we all hold each other down, my first meet even my kids feel in love with these guys . dont be drftx man. thats all i saying good luck with the build and try not to dis my FAM. cuz i dont take well to thouse who insult my close friends! and that would account as wi240sx.com period!

happy holidays and drive safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my quest for 800 whp   

Back to top Go down

my quest for 800 whp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: