A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fuel pump.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Chuck that quote would be better with the original video.
Back to top Go down
chuck_chizzle

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:57 pm

lol...i would but i am dling something and i have dialup...sigh.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Alright guys this is getting under my skin. Shes been driving good the past few days fine. Tonight went out with some buddies drivin around in the snow for bout 30 to 45 minutes, she was fine. started headed home died when i slowed down to turn Suspect . Then after 5 minutes she started right up drove home fine till about a block from my house, did the same thing. And when it dies the idle drops to 500 and bounces a few time then dies if i dont keep giving it gas. Im getting my hands on a ohms reader to test the tps, but was wondering if you guys have had a similar experiance.
Back to top Go down
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:42 am

might be your iac (idle air controller) or vacum lines
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:18 am

Just cleaned it not to long ago
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:20 am

Cleaning won't fix an electrical issue with it.

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:52 am

Ive read that other guys have had the same problem, and it was there fuel pump relay. There car would drive fine for 2 months or 2 hours and would randomly die.
Back to top Go down
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 am

if your car is dieing and its because you take your foot off thhe gas it means your idle is not working.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:35 am

No it idles fine when I take my foot off of the gas, but then all of a sudden its like it will just drop , bonce sparadicly and die if I dont keep giving it gas. Cause I cleaned the iacv only a week ago.
Back to top Go down
thefreack

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:10 pm

how good is the vacum lines for it?
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:26 pm

The vacum lines are fine, upon that ive checked every other vacum line as well. And it just recently started doing it like 3 weeks ago. So im thinking a sensor is out or something gummed up
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Ok so I know how people pull the injector clips or wires during idle , so when I pull the injector clip from cylinder 2,3 and 4 the car idles like shit. When I pull the injector clip from cylinder 1 it idles at 1100 but it idle perfect, no intermittin backfire or motor shaking. Then when I pull the wire from cylinder 1 it doesnt effect thecar at all. I can remember if that means the compression is bad or the injector is. Im going to do some more research but any more thoughts are welcome
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:52 pm

That means your injector died with the valve open. Fuel just leaks out so it runs. Once in a while it'll jump back to life, then if it dies closed, that's when it'll shake and/or shut off. Sometimes, it'll spit out so much that it'll flood. Happened to me plenty of times. Get new injectors pronto. While you're at it, change the plug wires. It idle at 1100 because there's no load after removing the clutch fan and what not. Mine does that too. I don't care if the resistance measures great, but it might be bad insulation causing your car to die on you.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:14 pm

So I should just change the injector on cylinder one then or all four? Cause there newer injectors I put in cause the original ones I had were shot as well. And what do you mean by bad insulation?
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:26 pm

he means the wires insulation could be cracked causing a short. Just like i said.

#1. Is your check engine light on?
yes, pull codes and give me the numbers
no, borrow know good injectors/wires/cap and rotor, gap your plugs(or get new ones), and see if it helps.
Check base timing, check the maf, check iacv, check tps, check your coil

#2 swap fuel pump relay with a known good relay.

#3 check for good grounds, especially the one on the back of the head on the drivers side to the fire wall.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Its an all knew fuel pump and sending unit, when I was waiting on my fuel pump I went through all the grounds, cleaned and recontected them, even switch some wires for none coroded ones. I dont have a code being thrown. I was going to take it to autozone to have the codes ran but they only do obd2... Witch is dumb. And today I just replaced the fuel pump relay. I would check the ecu myself but I hate messing with ecus, they make me nervous. And the timing hasnt changed since I bought the car.
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:43 pm

do you know the timing is rite? Previous owner might have had similar isues and just hid them from you.

Did you grind the connections o bare metal where the grounds attach to the chassis?

How did you replace ends? Crimp connectors or solider?

Pulling codes is easy as fuck on an s13 ecu. Turn the key on but dont start the motor, turn the knob on the ecu with a flat head screw driver and count the flashes. all codes are 2 digit numbers.

Codes are read: flash... flash... flash... short pause... flash, flash, flash

that would read code 33. 3 slow flashes, short pause then 3 fast flashes. Ecu wont always throw a check engine light if its got a code. Hell by now that bulb could be dead.

Go read your codes. Autozone cant because they just cant hook into the ecu. And they never have a consult tool.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I know how to read the codes, and what to do but like I said electrical things especially the ecu make me nervous. And yes I ground everything down and crimped them. But when I bought the car I drove home from rockford illanois (2hour drive) and a bout 2 months after I had it it started progessivly getting worse.
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:14 pm

all connections should be soldered to assure good connection. Crimp connectors work but dont always make good connections. As long as your not crossing wires, you cant hurt the ecu.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Alright ill try it then
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Oooohhh so you've changed injectors already! All right, let me ask, when you installed the new ones, did you grease up the injector o-ring seals? If not, that's a rookie mistake that causes the rings to get damaged as you tighten it down. This can also be the cause of an injector leak. Turn the key to ON position without starting it, remove the spark plug from #1 cylinder. My guess would be that there's wet fuel in there. Tell me if I am wrong.

If I am right, remove injectors and check all o-rings. Replace damaged ones with new ones. You must grease them before putting them in otherwise it'll pinch.

If that fixes it then you won't need to replace the injectors.

About the car randomly dying, change the plug wires. Even some new wires come bad from the manufacturers so its best to just swap it out. Its cheap anyway. I've had all these problems before with mine, thats why I'm telling you step by step what I did to fix it.

The high idle is never gonna go away as long as you've got the clutch fan and power steering removed. Ask Nick and Liz, they thought I was revving at them when we slowed down to a stop at a light. It was just how my car idle. Lol. Well good luck.

Last edited by X1nom3D on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:31 pm

I forgot to mention, napa sells the injector seal kit for pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:42 pm

When I pit yhe new injectors I replaced all the o rings and I did grease them. So far ive cleaned the iacv, replaced fuel pump with walbro, collant temp, fuel presure regilator, dizzy , wires, cap and rotor and fuel filter. I will try the wires though. any other things you think it might be?
Back to top Go down
X1nom3D

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Switch #1 and #2 injectors around to see if they behave the same way after unplugging it. Let me know what happens.

Do you have stock or aftermarket intake?
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:50 pm

I have a aem intake, and I replaced the maf as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump.   

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: