A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Knock sensor questians.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Knock sensor questians.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 pm

I got a new knock sensor from my buddy and i figured i might as well replace it cause im pretty sure the one on there is the orginal one from the factory... lol but ive been reading that you shouldnt chang it unless its physicaly broken or it doesnt matter cause it only prevents the car from knocking. And then ive read that if its old or worn out it can make your car run shitty overall. Bad gas miliage, bad idle, wont start ect.. I just wonderin what your guys veiws are on it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Qfabbed

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:55 am

The sensor creates a voltage based on engine vibrations associated with spark knock or detonation. If the sensor is broken, nothing will happen. In all reality, your motor may produce more power, but it will, over time, damage your ringlands. The problems you described could be a plethora of things, but the knock sensor will not be the cause of them. Hope this answers your question Smile
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 am

Well cause my car over the ending of this winter liked to do this thing were after driving for awhile would like to stall when slowing for a stop. After I let it sit for a few minutes I could restart it it and drive for awhile until it did it again. I changed a few things and it hasnt done it yet. But I pulled my knock sensor off cause the black plastic on it was completly cracked off. So I figured I should replace it. Haha
Back to top Go down
s13.240sx

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Check Amazon they are only like 25-30 buck on there.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 pm

You need to reinstall that sensor with a torque wrench for it to work perfectly too FYI.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Ok well I got one off a buddy of mine and I have a torque wrench so I should be set to go
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:21 am

Nizmo Newbie wrote:
Well cause my car over the ending of this winter liked to do this thing were after driving for awhile would like to stall when slowing for a stop. After I let it sit for a few minutes I could restart it it and drive for awhile until it did it again. I changed a few things and it hasnt done it yet. But I pulled my knock sensor off cause the black plastic on it was completly cracked off. So I figured I should replace it. Haha

sounds maybe like an air metering issue. check your intake tube for cracks.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 am

Thats the thing though, I double checked and rechecked my cavumn line and there good
Back to top Go down
93sapphirecoupe

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 am

well i can't tell what your exact issue is because I'm not there when it happens. but sometimes ign modules will fail. when they do sometimes they will work for a while until they over heat. which then will shut off the car. once it cools off it will work again for a while until it over heats again.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 am

Ive read that and the ign. coils do the same as well as the distributer. If there bad and when they heat up they can shut the car off. I mean ive replaced the o2 sensor, plugs, cleaned the iacv, coolant flush, oil change, new fuel pump, i fixed my injecter becasue cylinder 1 was dead, changed my ign coil, fuel filter, checked vacumn lines, made sure all sensor conectors were clean and good. I mean the car runs a hell of a lot better. But i still have to put the knock in and see what happens. And if it continues i have another dizzy so i will have to swap them out and see what happens. But thanks for the ign module idea ill have to check it
Back to top Go down
theboy

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 pm

So did you swap out your coil with one of mine that i left at Tony's? Neither one of them gave me any issues and tested out perfect. Try the dizzy i left over there. Its got a new cap and rotor in it. It too has been tested to be fine.
Back to top Go down
Nizmo Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Yea i picked one of them up from tony, it cranks alot quicker then it used to. If it dies again the only thing left would be the dizzy then, cause i know if the CAS is going out, after it heats up it can stop sending signals to the ecu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock sensor questians.   

Back to top Go down

Knock sensor questians.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: