A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

PCB based fuse/relay bank?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speed_demon

PostSubject: PCB based fuse/relay bank?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:38 pm

I love the concept of the FZ1, which is a simple, lightweight fuse block to control +12V hot and switched circuits in a tidy manner.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Has anyone ever run into any similar products available with an integrated relay or two to switch an external device on?

I am looking for something to compactly and cleanly handle basic headlight, tail light, reverse light, cluster, and turn signal power along with headlight and ECU relays.

Back to top Go down
speed_demon

PostSubject: Re: PCB based fuse/relay bank?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:38 pm

If I could find a "deluxe" FZ1 that was rated for greater power draw and had two replaceable relays integrated that would be perfect. If I am going as far as mounting external relays separate from the board then I think I will just rewire everything with a much cheaper blue sea fuse block.

I did find this unit which has nearly all of the features I am looking for. It doesn't list safe working amperage though. Check out the relay mounted for the horn and the on board turn signal/hazard relays, this is a step in the right direction.

Compact, less than 1lb, and it has a fairly simple layout. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am going to look into having my own PCB made and built up for my specs, then I can get exactly what I need for my system.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy

PostSubject: Re: PCB based fuse/relay bank?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 pm

They are pretty proud of that thing for $135. With what you are doing, I wouldn't screw with an off the shelf setup. Just make exactly what you need. I would pass on a PCB setup just because the amperage rating reasons. Also, I suspect a purpose built fuse box is going to be more long term durable. Make sure you can expand it if you need to as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCB based fuse/relay bank?   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:29 am

240sxguy wrote:
I would pass on a PCB setup just because the amperage rating reasons.
Not knowing anything about anything, this was my concern. I got pretty excited the first time I saw a how-to on making your own board.
I get pretty excited now when I see a thread with Speed making his own stuff. That's my intention of "building cars" at least, to learn.
Back to top Go down
Qfabbed

PostSubject: Re: PCB based fuse/relay bank?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 am

Unless you're planning to run a carbureted V8, that isn't nearly enough to run a car, much less EFI, headlights, taillights, etc. Whenever I build harnesses for drift cars/street cars, I use the factory fuseboxes and strip them down to the bare minimum to keep all of the AMP ratings correct for the electrical system. That, and diagnosis/repair is a breeze if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCB based fuse/relay bank?   

Back to top Go down

PCB based fuse/relay bank?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Tech-
Jump to: