A place for Wisconsin 240sx owners and enthusiasts to meet.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aco SX

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Okay, time for an update everybody! I've been busy all summer and now school is starting so my car will start to see less and less attention.

I got the turn signal issue fixed, I just had to plug in the hazard switch, derp.

So I refurbished my interior pieces a bit with some Matte Black Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Paint. It actually worked out pretty well. It is hard to see, but the panels were a bit faded and they just looked too gray to me.

I started out by using degreaser and shop towels to wipe away any Armor-All or dust. Then I did 2 light coats and then one thicker coat. I waited 15 minutes between each application. I left them in the garage to dry for a whole day and they look great now! Very Happy

The next thing I had to do was re-install the taillights with some butyl tape. But before I did that I decided that my taillight trim was kinda ugly and faded so I went and got some plastic trim paint. Cleaned them up first with some degreaser and then taped off the area and did a total of 4 coats and they turned out pretty nice. I also had to remove all of the old sealant from the car with a scraper which was a PITA. The taillights stick out a bit more than they used to when I put them back in because I got too thick of butyl tape, but it still looks good.

That's all I have time for tonight. Hopefully I can get some more up tomorrow. Thanks for lookin'.

Back to top Go down
Aco SX

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Next thing to be put in was my new ISIS short shifter. I had to lift up the front end a bit so that I could loosen up the transmission brace so that it would be a little easier to get the shifter bolts out.

Out with the old....

In with the new...

I like the feel of the new shifter, but it is starting to rattle a lot sometimes. I know that this is a common thing with short shifters and I guess I'll just have to live with it. I've thought about replacing the shifter bushing with an OEM Nissan one and doing one more little trick that I saw on Youtube to make it rattle less. Other than that, I have no complaints.

I'm gonna post some more tomorrow about my experience with installing new wheel studs and new springs.
Back to top Go down
600SX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Looks good, I really like your wheels.

I AM THE ANTI-PRIUS
Back to top Go down
Aco SX

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:38 am

600SX wrote:
Looks good, I really like your wheels.

Thanks! Almost everybody that I run into is surprised that they are 4-lug
Back to top Go down
Aco SX

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 pm

About a month ago I noticed that somehow a few of the wheel studs on my front wheels were very loose and could be pushed in and spun with my hand. It turns out that the previous owner had put in extended studs in the front to accommodate the aftermarket wheels, except that he got studs with a knurl diameter that was way too small and that had caused the hub holes to actually round out.
So after searching around on the internet I found a set of 60mm extended wheel studs made my ARP that fit s13 4-lug hubs front and rear, which happen to be a GM Part number. For some reason the previous owner did not replace the rear studs, so I decided if I'm doing the fronts, might as well do the rears too.
Next, I looked for a set of front hubs because I could not use my rounded out ones in the front. I luckily found a set of 2 fronts and 2 rears for only $25.

I was also tired of riding around pick-up truck style, but I didn't have too much change in my piggy bank. I decided to order a set of Megan Racing lowering springs and they seem to be very good so far. They have lowered the car significantly and the ride the car seems more planted, although it is a lot more rough when it comes to bumps.

Fairly easy install...

This is with only the fronts installed

I'm gonna try to get a few shots of the car lowered on all fours so you can get an idea of the difference. I also buffed the car and will be posting some before and after pictures. Again, thanks for lookin.
Back to top Go down
j240sxxx

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am

Car looks nice keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Flicktitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 pm

looking good man, Thanks for the help the other night!

kristenw
Be nice, I'm new

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 pm

nick z wrote:
I have a non-hacked up body harness you can have for 30. It will save you a ton of time in the end. Its out of a 92.

hi guys. Nice project you have going, reminds me when i got my first miata... *fond memories*.. anyways, i am working on a new project (s13) and need a body harness. The one in the car has been cut to shreds. I started trying to repair it, but it is a never ending job and will probably never work the same. I saw your post nick z and was wondering if you still have that body harness for sale. However, I am in Texas not Winsconsin Sad . If you still have the harness for sale, I am willing to pay for shipping and all that. Let me know! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)   

Back to top Go down

Minor S13 Project (Interior, Wiring, Few Other Small Things)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin240sx :: Builds and Projects-
Jump to: